Indonesian Chicken from Sin Hoi Sai East Coast

Special Indonesian Chicken

I wasn't exactly intending to get a second dinner tonight (87 East Coast Road, 6440-6956). But when I noticed that these guys were just a few doors down from Full of Crab, I remembered that this location of Sin Hoi Sai had something that the Tiong Bahru location didn't have: some kind of Indonesian chicken that was supposed to be awesome, at least according to the same guy who referred me to such gems as Bismillah and Bar-B-Q Tonight.

Now, I don't know if my expectations were thus too inappropriately warped, but I was let down when this thing came out. The chicken was tough and dry, and it was done up in a mildly sweet sauce rather than some kind of volcano-spicy like thing that I had somehow built up in my head. Granted, some of that chili padi on the side helped address that, but I was hoping that it was part of the dish itself. Well, at least it went down well with the beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment